Ageing takes a toll on our skin. Wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and patches accompany ageing. The freshness and radiance of the skin fade away with time. With age, certain areas of our face lose volume, which gives us a tired look. The production of collagen and elastin in the body decreases as we age, thus leading to loss of volume and giving us a “hollowed” look. With dermal fillers, the volume of cheeks can be restored, and we look younger than our age. Cheek fillers, also known as dermal fillers, are used for facial enhancement.
What are cheek fillers?
Cheek Fillers are injections that are used for non-surgical cosmetic procedures. These injections are used to remove wrinkles and smooth lines and bring back the volume of the face. The ageing process reduces the production of collagen in the body. Collagen is found in bones, muscles, and skin; its reduction causes loss of volume and skin sagging. Skin starts sagging as it loses its elasticity.
Types of cheek fillers
Substances used in cheek fillers include-
- Hyaluronic Acid is already present in our skin, which keeps our skin hydrated and plump. Fillers using hyaluronic acid are gel-like and soft.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite- It is another natural substance that is found in our bones. When this substance is used as a dermal filler, it is gel-like. Calcium Hydroxylapatite is thicker than Hyaluronic acid and lasts for a longer time. It stimulates natural collagen production and helps remove wrinkles and deeper lines.
- Poly-L-Lactic Acid– is a biodegradable and biocompatible substance produced synthetically. It is used as a collagen stimulator to remove severe facial wrinkles. These substances last for more than 2 years.
- PMMA (Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres)- these are synthetic fillers and are used as semi-permanent dermal fillers.
Benefits of cheek fillers
A properly done cheek filling procedure by expert specialists can give stunning results. The different benefits of cheek fillers are:
- Adds volume- Cheek fillers add volume to the cheeks and fullness.
- Facial symmetry- Adding volume to the cheek adds symmetry to the facial features.
- Reduces wrinkles- Cheek fillers effectively reduce wrinkles and folds in the skin, making you look younger.
Cheek fillers versus other anti-ageing treatments
Cheer fillers are preferred over other anti-ageing treatments due to several benefits.
- It can be performed at a licensed medical practitioner’s chamber with no or minimal invasion.
- It takes around 30 minutes to perform this procedure
- Lasts for months and years
- After-procedure complications are lesser
- Less expensive compared to other procedures
- Cheek fillers can be modified. More fillers can be added if needed
- Recovery time is very less
Any risk associated with cheek fillers?
The Cheek fillers procedure is a low-risk anti-ageing procedure with minimal recovery time. There are common side effects of this procedure which include-
- Rash and Itching of the skin
- Skin damage resulting in scar formation
- Formation of lumps under the skin
- Numbness of skin
Cheek fillers help balance the facial features, thus giving a youthful and plump look to a person’s face. These dermal fillers are one of the most common anti-ageing procedures used in recent times. Many prefer cheek fillers as they are highly effective in getting a youthful look and cost much lesser than other anti-ageing treatment methods. The cost of dermal feeler procedures depends on the type and amount of feeler used. Trained and licensed medical professionals do this procedure. Before you consider going for dermal fillers to improve the health and look of your skin, you must consult the healthcare provider regarding the best dermal filler procedure and the benefits and risks associated with that process.
Play fnf unblocked 911 with businessmart